place the arctress to be best peopple

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Summer Anne Ross' Photo & Profile/Biodata

Share on :

Summer Anne Ross

AGE: 26 | HEIGHT: 5'11" | HOMETOWN: BELLE RIVER, ON

Summer Anne Ross was born in Windsor, Ontario. She is currently completing a degree in biological sciences at the University of Windsor. Summer Anne studies the effects of aquatic invasive species on the Great Lakes. She works as a laboratory research assistant while completing her Bachelor of Science degree. She hopes to become a marine biologist and focus on the effects humans can have on the environment.

Summer Anne is of Hungarian descent and values the culture and teachings her mother has imparted upon her. She is one of four daughters and is very close to her family and friends. Summer admires her late grandmother for her aspirations and determination. Her grandmother taught her to face hardships and adversities with grace and ease and to respect everyone for their differences.

In her free time Summer Anne enjoys travelling, ballroom dancing, scuba diving, cooking and volunteering with young children. She is outgoing, enthusiastic, and determined. Summer strives to defy negative attitudes and does not believe in the notion of imposing limitations. She hopes to inspire the same beliefs in others and to be a positive image for young girls. Summer believes that the world holds many opportunities, both created and yet undiscovered. The world's possibilities are endless and Summer Anne Ross intends to be a part in any way she can.

She feels that becoming Miss Universe Canada would afford her the opportunity to represent her country in a beautiful light. Miss Universe Canada has the opportunity to influence the young girls and women of our generation, country, and world. The Miss Universe Canada organization provides endless possibilities for charity work and volunteer experiences. She looks forward to participating in the contest and contributing to this valuable cause.

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student?
If yes, where? Yes, University of Windsor
Area of study: Bachelor of Biological Studies

Are you currently employed? yes
If yes, what is your occupation?
Research lab assistant

Have you completed secondary school?
If yes, where?
Belle River District High School

Have you completed university/college?
If yes, where?

Soon to be completed

Have you completed any technical/professional school?
If yes, where? no
What subject?

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)

English
Some conversational Hungarian understanding

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).

Dark room photography development, intermediate level ballroom dance lessons, drama,

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?

Soccer – 6 years
Basketball – 2 years
Softball – 5 years
Scuba diving – 2 years

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.

University of Windsor, Bachelor of Biological Sciences, April 2011

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?

Heart and Stroke Foundation

What would be your "dream job" in life?

Making a difference for the environment while educating young girls on the importance of self esteem and setting goals.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?

My nagymama (grandmother) has had the most influence on my life. She was amazing and taught me to be kind, graceful, and wise. She taught me to cook and clean. Her passing has taught me more much still. I have learned empathy, how to continue when facing hardships, and have been motivated to make her proud.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)

I am most proud of attending University and working towards a degree.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?
I intend to become a marine biologist. I am finishing my degree in biological sciences. I work as a research lab assistant, studying the effects of aquatic invasive species on the great lakes systems.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.
I was raised in Windsor-Essex County, mainly in Belle River, Ontario. I have three sisters with whom I am very close. The women in my life have had a strong influence over me. I credit my mother, grandmother, and aunt for the person I am as of today. My family was very close and we very much enjoyed spending our time together.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

I occasionally work as a standardized patient at a medical school where I simulate patient scenarios. It is improvisational and very intriguing. Working in the research lab has sent me on sampling trips. I have sampled inside of large oil tankers, inside their ballast tanks. This is a one in a life time experience as well, as only a handful of people can, and are willing to enter these confined spaces.

List any volunteering you have done.

Neonatal Intensive care unit, Classroom aid in kindergarten class, Heart and Stroke foundation involvement

Where is the most interesting place you have been?

Halifax, Nova Scotia
The art scene, fresh markets, ocean life, and organic way of living are ideal.

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?

I believe I am unique in many respects. I feel wise beyond my years and that I am very intuitive. I enjoy life and new experiences. I have a zest for life and a desire to help others feel the same way. I have an inviting personality and tend to interest and intrigue those I meet.

What is your philosophy of/in life?

I feel that everyone can make a difference, a large difference in this world. We must be aware of our respective places, however. There is no room for ego and self-obsession, and no need for it. Everything is based on perspective and we must remember to love those close to us, as the way to live forever is through others’ love.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

I hope to have experienced different areas on the world and to have gained more perspective. To have loved others as I would like to be loved. To have a career, but know that careers and money can never equal love. To have had some sort of influence on the girls of future generations. To be as positive and optimistic then, as I am today.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?

I have a great hope for the world and in the power of women. I like to see the world from different views. I appreciate scuba diving, as it provides another way of thinking. I would like to experience different cultures and impart my wisdom and experiences if possible.
I collect vintage Barbie dolls and once won a radio competition for Friends tv show trivia.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)
 
Powered by Blogger.
Yahoo bot last visit powered by  Ybotvisit.com My Ping in TotalPing.com