place the arctress to be best peopple

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Stephanie Marinus' Photo & Profile/Biodata

Share on :

Stephanie Marinus


AGE: 19 | HEIGHT: 5'7" | HOMETOWN: SE HIGHRIVER, AB

Stephanie Marinus is an ambitious young woman with many passions including journalism, guitar, acting and event planning. Stephanie is a recent graduate from Capilano University with a diploma in the Legal Studies program.

Stephanie likes to keep busy, getting the most out of each day, and spends her free time with her family. Currently studying Spanish, Stephanie is constantly striving for self improvement, as she believes that through hard work and dedication, everyone can reach their true potential.

Stephanie also believes that community involvement should be a priority for any role model, and hopes that the younger generation that attends various charity events she promotes, realize that age is no barrier when it comes to the difference that any individual can make.

Questionnaire

Are you currently a student? Yes
If yes, where? Ashworth University
Area of study: Event Planning

Are you currently employed? Yes
If yes, what is your occupation? Office Administrator

Have you completed secondary school? Yes
If yes, where? Peter Skene Ogden Secondary School

Have you completed university/college? Yes
If yes, where? Capilano University Legal Studies

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language) Spanish. I have not mastered it yet, but I speak it fluent enough to get by as a tourist and to communicate with my spanish friends.

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).

Guitar ( I have been playing for seven years, perhaps not as well as I`d like!)
Drama
Acting for Film and Television with Sharon Stone
In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?

I participated in soccer for quite a bit when I was a child, but as I grew up I became more interested in activities to do with fine arts. I love to keep active through various sports including snowboarding and swimming; however I do not compete in any sport.

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.

Capilano University- Legal Administrative Diploma Program
Ashworth University- Event Planning Online Certificate Program-In Progress

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?

Within the last two years I have supported SOS Children`s Villages, Samaritan`s Purse, as well as Feed the Hungry. I am currently working on a local fundraiser for an infant whom was diagnosed with a rare skin eating disease.

What would be your "dream job" in life?

My dream job in life would be one that consists of opportunities in which I can lead by example, challenge myself and others, travel, and make a difference in the life of others; particularly children. I am a young woman with many ambitions and interests. I have studied in two very different areas since beginning University: Law and Event Planning. I would like to continue educating myself in various industries in order to help guide me in my decision and make it clear to myself what career is best for me.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?

The person who has had the most influence on my life is most certainly my Grandmother Lillian. My Grandmother raised me to have good morals and a strong sense of self respect. She has loved me unconditionally and has always been there for me to go to for comfort and advice on any issue; including those that most young woman would only approach their best friends with. My Grandmother is a tower of strength and support that never waivers. She has taught me many important life lessons, including that of forgiveness. Because of the relationship that I have with my grandmother, I have been able to get through many difficult issues, and know to always make sure that my family is my first priority. Another way she has influenced my behaviour is by always telling me: ``Never do anything you don`t want to wake up and see on the front page of the newspaper the next morning.``

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition)

I feel that I have accomplished quite a bit for my age. Ive been published for poetry, been a columnist for my local newspaper at 14 years old, promoted and planned many worthwhile events, and graduated from University. But none of these accomplishments define who I am in the way that the time and effort I put into my family does. Because of this, I would have to say that my proudest accomplishment so far is building and maintaining a support network with my younger siblings. Knowing that I can influence them in a positive way and that because of the time I spend with them, they value our relationship even at such a young age, is worth so much more to me than a diploma.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

I took a break after University to pursue my acting career. I am currently working with an agency and taking professional acting classes in order to pursue this passion.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.
I was raised in a small town called 100 Mile House, BC, and lived there until post high school graduation. I grew up with a large family, so I was always entertained. As a child I spent most of my summer months camping. I loved going fishing and swimming. I would always be exploring the woods by our house with my older brothers and sister. We would often be out there for hours building forts, or making trails for our bikes. I am very grateful for the way my parents raised me and credit them completely for my graduation, as they are the ones that made me sit down and do my homework right after school instead of running out and playing like I wanted to do. When I was going through school I always complained with the others kids about being from a small town, but now it is something I am very grateful for. I believe being from a small town is a big part of who I am today.

List any volunteering you have done.
I spend as much time as I can volunteering. Even as a kid I loved the sense of being part of something and volunteered within the school, and even picked up garbage with my sister`s cadet group. Currently I am volunteering with ``Feed the Hungry`` which is a registered Canadian charity dedicated to providing a solution to world hunger. The group I volunteer for holds a soup kitchen once a week in Okotoks, Alberta.

Where is the most interesting place you have been?

The most interesting place I have been is Scotland. My Grandmother took me there when I was 14, and culture and history there just amazed me. I found that no matter where in Scotland we were, the locals were friendly and full of interesting stories. I had the chance to see many ruins of ancient castles, and even a castle in which the Royal family was currently staying. Scotland`s history is so rich in fascinating tales and I wish to return there soon.

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?

Every one of us girls is unique from each other. We have all grown up differently and developed different views on life. I believe the main thing that makes us all unique, not just myself, is those opposing views on the world today. The one thing that will set me apart from these girls is that I put my heart into everything I do and I don`t just think… I do. I strive to make a difference in my community and have a positive impact on other people`s lives.

What is your philosophy of/in life?

Life is a journey-not a destination

Ralph Waldo Emerson (...but yes, Aerosmith said it, too.)

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?
All I can hope for in ten years is to have found a perfect balance between a career life and a family life. No matter what I am doing, or where in the world I am, as long as that balance is there, I am positive everything will work out.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)
 
Powered by Blogger.
Yahoo bot last visit powered by  Ybotvisit.com My Ping in TotalPing.com