place the arctress to be best peopple

Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Danielle Gray's Profile/Biodata & Picture

Share on :

Danielle Gray

AGE: 19 | HEIGHT: 5'6" | HOMETOWN: CALGARY, AB

Danielle was born and raised in Calgary, Alberta, and is a very active person. Since childhood she has participated in many sports, soccer being her favorite. Through her love of sports she has grown to be a very competitive and determined person. She knows she can do anything she puts her mind to.

Danielle graduate from Calgary Academy in 2008. After school she was accepted into The University of Saint Francis Xavier. Rather than enrolling immediately after High School Danielle decided to take a year off of school to soul-search and find out what she really wanted from life. In her time off she met a wonderful woman, Pattie Falconer, who helped Danielle find her passion for modeling. She plans to attend the University of Toronto in the near future to obtain an undergraduate degree in English. Danielle hopes to continue her education by pursuing a law degree shortly thereafter.

People are a very important part of Danielle's life. She hopes her career in modeling will open up many opportunities to travel the world to experience the intricacies of different cultures. Through this, she hopes to meet interesting people that will inspire her to pursue another one of her passions, art.

If given the chance to work with Miss Universe Canada, Danielle would like to raise awareness for those people who are bullied. People don't realize how much words can really hurt. In many cases words can hurt just as much as physical pain. Danielle knows a lot of people who have been bullied and has always tried to stand up for them. Danielle believes that standing up for those who are bullied can help change a person's life.


Questionnaire

Are you currently a student? No If yes, where?

Area of study:

Are you currently employed? Yes If yes, what is your occupation? Bar-tending

Have you completed secondary school? Yes

If yes, where? Calgary Academy

Have you completed university/college? No If yes, where?

Have you completed any technical/professional school? No

If yes, where? What subject?

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language) English

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).

Tae Kwon-do

Art Soccer

Modeling (With Patti Falconer)

Swimming

Salsa Dancing Horse Back Ridding

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?
Soccer - 10 years
Swimming - 7
Tae Kwon-do - 4 years
Horse Back Ridding - 4 years
Volley Ball - 3 years
Badminton - 3 years

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.

Calgary Academy, i graduated in 2008 and received a high school diploma.

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?
Within the past two years i have attended and volunteered at the fire mans children's christmas Charity/fundraiser/party.

What would be your "dream job" in life?
My dream job in life would to be able to continue on the path i am on right now and make a name for myself in modeling/acting. To be able to travel the world and work in different places. Have the chance to meet new people and try new things. To act in movies that touch the hearts of people when they watch it, and modeling in pictures that everyone will see.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?
A person that has influenced my life greatly would have to be a very very close and dear friend of mine from high school. He showed me the importance of life and how life can change for the worst or best at any time of day, so that i should respect what life has to offer and i should live everyday to my fullest. He showed my the importance of sticking together in times of need.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition) My proudest personal accomplishment would be receiving my high school diploma and getting accepted into university. As well as being able to attend the faces west competition in vancouver this past year.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?
My career ambition is to be a well known model/actor. It makes me happy to do a photo-shoot or to walk down a run way. When i watch some movies it leaves me with a deep feeling of thought, and i would love to be able to leave someone else with that feeling from watching me act in a movie. To accomplish my goal i am putting everything i have into getting my name out there, It is expensive but i am loving every second of everything i do

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.
I was raised in a new community at the time in calgary. It was a nice place to grow up in, the school was right outside of my backyard and there was a lake two minuets to the right of it. My childhood was a nice one, i had a close group of friends who i would hang out with everyday and go to jelly bean dances and play sports with. I was a very active child even though i still am! My parents enrolled me in soccer at a young age with my best friend and we continued to play it together every year for the next 10 years. We very quickly worked our way into the highest division in the city.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.
I am 19 years old so i have not had that many different jobs and the ones i have had are just pretty normal jobs so nothing comes to mind when you ask about any interesting or unusual job. =]

List any volunteering you have done.
My favorite volunteering that i have done in the past would have to be when i volunteered with the teen mothers program. I have done volunteering for many years with the fire mans children's christmas charity. As well i have volunteered with soccer helping young children's teams and refereeing for them.

Where is the most interesting place you have been?
The most interesting place i have been is probably hawaii. I was very young but can remember some good times there. I remember dancing with the hula girls who gave me flowers and getting to stay up late for a luau. It was just an amazing trip for me and i would very much like to go back there one day now that i am older and have the experience again only 10 times better!

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?
I am not afraid to show who i am inside, the real me, i do not hid behind a mask. I do not get embarrassed by things that i do, for example i play world of warcraft! I have a level 80 priest in the best raiding guild on my server and i love to play and talk to my friends! So i am a bit of a nerd but i love my life, i get a new experience from every person that i meet and i remember it. I am not afraid to try new things and i am not scared to get my hands dirty doing sports or working or doing what ever might come up! I love competition it makes for a challenge for me, and i welcome challenges they are just fun obstacles in my life that i must think of interesting ways to overcome.

What is your philosophy of/in life?
Nothing lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances, and never have regrets, because at one point, everything you did was exactly what you wanted. That trust is a powerful thing and it should be earned not given out freely, and you should always treat other the way you wish to be treated in return.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?
In 10 years i hope to have a respectful job and a name for myself that people will know when they hear it. I hope to have traveled a lot of the world and been able to experience as many different cultures as i can. In 10 years i hope to still be traveling and working with the modeling industry doing what i love, but i see myself having a family in 10 years also that i can share my happiness with.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)
 
Powered by Blogger.
Yahoo bot last visit powered by  Ybotvisit.com My Ping in TotalPing.com